miércoles, 2 de diciembre de 2015

Class Notes, Wednesday, 2 December, 2015

1. Reading

Let's go to page 21. Read the text and answer the questions in 5b.

1. Osaka, because there is a dentist and a doctor.
2. Munich, because there is a cinema.
3. Singapore, because there is a swimming pool, or Seoul, because there is a golf course.
4. Osaka, because there is a pet hotel.
5. Hong Kong, because there are 'Airport Ambassadors.'
6. Zurich, because there are day rooms for rent.
7. Singapore, because there is a free sight-seeing tour.

2. Vocabulary: Airports

Let's go to page 21. Let's write definitions in English for the words in yellow in the text about airports.

security: access point to the terminal where guards check your baggage for dangerous items. Usually you put your bags and sometimes your shoes through an x-ray machine.

delayed: when the arrival or departure of a flight is late

facilities: services available at an airport, like restaurants or shops

connecting flight: the next part or leg of your trip when the flight is not direct to your final destination. 

passengers: the people on a plan, bus, or other means of transportation

board a flight:  get on a flight.

New words:

live music -> música en vivo, en directo
nightmare -> a bad dream -> pesadilla
long queues > long lines for waiting -> colas largas
rooftoop pool -> a pool on the top of a building -> piscina en la azotea
even longer -> aun más largo

*REMEMBER: 

We use get on/off for shared public transport and things we ride:
bus, train, plane, boat, bike, horse, motorcycle
We use get in/out for cars and taxis
We use go up/down for vertical motion:
stairs, ladders, mountains

3. Speaking

Let's go to page 21 and do exercise 3d.

A: Hello?
B: Hi, how are you?
A: Fine! I'm in the Munich airport, but my flight is delayed.
B: Oh No! How boring!
A: Actually, it's not so bad. There are lots of things to do here. I have about three hours, so I am going to see a film
B: Really? On your laptop?
A: No, at the cinema! There is a cinema in the airport.
B. Wow! I have been to the Munich airport many times, but I have never seen a cinema!
A: After that I will probably have some of the free coffee and read a newspaper. 
B: Sounds great. Well, I had better let you go, it sounds like you'll be busy!
A: Haha, Bye!
B. Bye!

4. Spot the mistakes #1

1. I like read the books and go to shopping.

I like reading books and going shopping.

2. I like the films european.

I like European films.

3. I have brown and long hair.

I have long brown hair.

4. She has 42 years and she's a administrative.

She is 42 years old and she's an administrator.

5. I'm fish factory worker.

I'm a fish factory worker.

6. I have a short, dark and wavy hair.

I have short, wavy, dark hair.

7. I'm not tall but also is not small.

I'm not tall, but I'm not short either.

8. I expect your letter.

I hope to hear from you soon.
I am looking forward to your letter.

9. I'm a teacher in the kindergarten.

I'm a kindergarten teacher.

10. Sometimes I'm look quiet and shy.

Sometimes I seem quiet and shy.

11. My office is from Santoña thirty and five km.

My office is thirty-five km from Santoña.

12. I don't speak in public, neither with people unknowns.

 I don't speak in public, or with people (who) I don't know.

13. I don't have many free time.

I don't have a lot of / much free time.

14. I'm studing a master.

I'm studying a master's degree.

15. It's rare, but I haven't hobbies.

It's strange, but I haven't got hobbies.

16. In this moment I am an unemployed.

At the moment I am unemployed.

17. When you come back I present him.

When you come back, I will introduce him to you.

18. I like practice diferents sports.

I like doing different sports.

19. She loves playing with Ron, the teckle of my parents.

She loves playing with Ron, my parent's dachshund.

20. I'm a secretary in office.

I'm a secretary at an office.

21. My sister says I'm a small nose, but it's as a pig nose.

My sister says I have a small nose, but it's like a pig's nose.

5. Reading

Let's go to page 22. Try and say the dates in exercise 1a.  Do you remember how to say them?  Check with track 1.61

The third of May
The twelfth of August of twenty twelve
The thirty-first of December
The twenty-second of June
The fifth of February
The twentieth of July of nineteen ninety-eight

*REMEMBER: We always SAY the third of May, even though we WRITE 3rd May or 3/5.
*REMEMBER: Years from 2000 to 2010 we can say two thousand and . . . 
*REMEMBER: All years from 1000 to 1999 are read as two numbers.

Now let's read the text and put it in order.

5, 6, 1, 4, 3, 2, 7

Now, read the text again in the right order and answer the questions.

1. Why does Lily get in touch with Ben? 
She's going to a conference at the University where he works.

2. What are they planning to do?
They are going to go to dinner.

Let's do exercise 1d. Match the words to their meaning.

1. for ages -> for a long time
2. arrangement -> definite plans for the future.
3. I'm still -> I continue to be
4. perhaps -> maybe
5. both -> the two
6. fix -> to decide sth

6. Listening

Let's go to exercise 1e on page 22. Listen three times and complete the flight details.

Her flight to Budapest leaves on 2nd May and arrives at 14:40.
Her flight back to London leaves Budapest on 8th May at 16:35.
She is staying at Hotel Gellert.

You can listen again with the track on page 119 to check your answers. 

7. Homework


Do exercises 3B a and b on page 131.
Do the exercises on page 113. Send Isadora an email with your information following the instructions in c and d.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario